Saturday, 1 August 2026

If you've got the decluttering bug!

 I loved these two videos! So good. And yes, both of them resonated indeed. Been there!






6 comments:

  1. I’ve never heard of an analog bag until now. Now I wonder: do I have an analog purse because I keep my bullet journal in there, or is it a digital purse because my phone shows up in there, too? “Digalog” no, that looks like dig-a-log. “Anital”? No, that sounds like a two year old trying to say animal. I guess I’ll just call it a purse and not worry about those poor trend setters who are frantically, however misguidedly, trying to provide their brains with a slower pace of life bordering on normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣 I like the idea of it being a digalogbag!

      The influencers and YouTubers seem to me to have taken the place women's magazines used to hold, and make their money from advertising and product placing in the same way. I like that at least it's possible to choose an area of interest and follow that for a while. I find it quite restful, too, that it provides an escape from the hair-raising realities of current affairs. It's possible to use the algorithms to flood your feed with brain candy like analog bags should you wish to do so, and that can be quite comforting — plus it's helpful in searching for a gift for a teenage girl or an old lady 😄

      Delete
  2. I think you must be right about the women’s magazines-turned-influencer’s product list. I also like the fact that you can train your algorithm. I’m on a minimalism kick right now, with occasional comedy and travel nuggets thrown in. Speaking of, I’m trying to figure out if it was one of your posts or just an algorithm thing that introduced me to Aketch Joy Winnie, a Ugandan woman who has really interesting videos educating us about village life. She’s also a Christian and does high fashion modeling as a career. She’s fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh - I hadn't heard of her - interesting! Yes I've enjoyed watching videos about Indian and African and Russian rural life. The ubiquity of smartphones has opened the world to us!

      Delete
    2. Smartphones are wonderful that way!

      Delete

Welcome, friend! I'm always interested to read your comments.