Thursday 20 August 2015

Cell

Today I noticed someone had been looking at this post on my blog, wondered what it was, and went back to take a peek myself.

I felt really surprised by how much had changed. I mean, days roll by and I go bumbling along being me, and things happen that get digested and integrated and cease to be a feature of note. But my room looks different now.

For a while I wasn’t in that room – sometimes in Komorebi, sometimes in a little ante-room off the Badger’s garret. But that attic nest is his reading nook now, where he holes up surrounded by his treasure-store of books; and Komorebi is in use for a variety of purposes. And my base is back in the little room over the street. We still have the wonderful shelves the Badger made, but they have moved into Alice and Hebe’s studio to store art supplies.

So this is what my room and all my things look like now.








If you’d asked me, I’d have said things were pretty much the same, but looking at the photos, it seems a lot different.


There’s also a very special thing in this room that you can’t see in any of these pictures, and I’ll show you that tomorrow.


*        *        *

P.S.: Rebecca - here's the wall graffiti you asked to see - I did the lettering and Hebe did a fine job of painting it for me. Just in case it still isn't clear (I have only my laptop camera now), it says "foragers, scavengers, sages, seers; stealthy as shadows, quiet as mice".

"Stealthy as shadows, quiet as mice," is a quotation from this book. The graffiti as a whole is also a reminder to me of this chapter from the Tao.






4 comments:

rebecca said...

This is SO unusual! I was just telling two friends about you, your cell and Komorebi earlier this week! (I'm almost certain it was not one of them who looked at your prior post.) I can't enlarge the photo enough to read what's written on your wall. Can you help?

Pen Wilcock said...

Yes sure - I've added a pic in to the original post so you can read it properly. xx

margaret said...

I too hang my clothes on the back of the door. Your bed looks comfier than mine though... someone put the awful no-one-else-wants-it ultra cheap Ikea mattress between my futon mattress and frame and I seem to be lumped with it. I suppose I shouldn't complain, whatever it's made of isn't actually lumpy :) Love the calligraphy.

Pen Wilcock said...

Oh yes - my bed is comfy. I have one double duvet folded in three as a mattress, with another double duvet folded in two on top to sleep in. During the day I hang them over the banisters to air. Perfect. Taking them up to air every day is important, as I no longer have a bed frame - the duvets just go direct on the floor. xx