Monday 8 November 2010

Plain dress November - where God hides in Plain sight


Two places in the tumbled wild world of Creation

Where God dresses Plain, where His mystery makes itself clear;

One is water, and the other is silence –

The first for the eye, the second for the ear.



Folk think that God is far away in Heaven,

And must be channeled to us through the Bible, the priest or the seer:

But if thee longs to touch God for thyself, wait with water and silence;

Then thee will glimpse Him, then thee will finally hear.


.

9 comments:

Ganeida said...

We have both ~ water & silence, God made plain.

Pen Wilcock said...

:0) I gues that's why you found your way there and what keeps you there. x

Buzzfloyd said...

I like the poem. :-) I do find the Quaker-style 'thee' presses my brain's grammar buttons though!

Pen Wilcock said...

Oh, glory! Me too!
"I think you'll find it's THOU" says a creaky little voice full of disapproval in my head.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Beautiful post! May I use the poem to share with others?

Lynda said...

I'm not really sure what this is saying, but could this be why I love my early morning walk on the beach...with just the water and the sky and the sand...and the silence?

Pen Wilcock said...

Hi Michelle - yes, certainly!

Hi Lynda - oh those early morning walks on the beach! When the sun is just rising, reflecting on the wet sand, so that you walk in a world of light, walk in glory!

Lynda said...

Yesterday my early moring beach walk was in the fog. I love it!!!

I prefer grey, cloudy days to bright sunshine days. I feel like I am walking with a big blanket around me :o) And when you can't 'see' very much your hearing seems to be more acute. I really notice the sounds of the sea and the bird cries, and the presence of God, when my eyes aren't distracted by sights around me!

Pen Wilcock said...

:0)