Friday 11 April 2014

(Unusually) Excited

I am not one for saying “I’m so excited!” about anything much, being a cautious and phlegmatic pragmatist with a watchful habit.

When self-help gurus start their videos with “I’m so excited about my course/product/therapy/opportunity to connect with you”, my response is generally an irritable internal “Yeah, right.”

So if I say I am excited about anything, it’s simply true and you can believe me.

And I am excited about this.

Paulette Meier (don’t know her, never heard of her until today) has made an album of key Quaker texts, set to plainsong by her, and sung by her – acapella voice.

It’s just brilliant!

Thank you Paulette!

There’s a time at the day’s end when my eyes are tired but my mind is awake and very receptive.  That is when I shall listen to this album (apart from just having listened to the whole thing straight through right now).


If this floats your boat as much as it did mine, you can get it as MP3 downloads by individual track or the whole album, here on UK Amazon or here on US Amazon.

Alas, no sign of the advertised pdf of songsheets, so I’ve messaged her on Facebook to enquire how to obtain that.  I’ll let you know when I know.

Here’s the YouTube video about the project.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really lovely. Beautiful voice.

Pen Wilcock said...

:0) xx

gail said...

A little different and really quite lovely. I think she has a very nice face.
Blessings Gail

Pen Wilcock said...

:0) xx