Monday 7 July 2014

Shed


SHED ~ a small, slight, rough, or rude building of light construction.
Alteration of Middle English shadde, perhaps variant of shade; from Old English sced; probably variant of scead - shelter, shade.



SHED ~ To cast off naturally ~ to let fall, allow to drop away, let go, discard, dispose of, lay down~ to rid oneself of something not wanted or needed ~ to suddenly drop (a load) on the journey.



SHED LIGHT ~ To diffuse or radiate ~ to emit, send forth, impart, share.



SHED LIGHT ON ~ Make things clear





From the Old English sceadan, meaning to separate, part company, make up one’s mind; via the Middle English sheden (v.), to separate, shed.  


15 comments:

Anne Booth said...

Lovely post!

Jenna said...

Fun post, Pen. My mind went all gollywonky making connections and relationships among all the entries. :)

Pen Wilcock said...

:0) xx

Lynda said...

Beautiful!

Pen Wilcock said...

:0) xx

Rebecca said...

I ♥ words. I ♥ "sheds". (Interestingly, our son & grandson just spent 2 nights with us - in our backyard cabin. And tonight, a college friend who we haven't seen for over 40 years is coming and will spend the night there also!)

Pen Wilcock said...

:0)

Thats a lovely profile pic, Rebecca. xx

Gerry Snape said...

my poem this week is about our shed...we call it "summer house" to boost it's morale...or our's...my thinking place where light is very often shed!!

Pen Wilcock said...

Ah yes - I love the blue of your window frames, too! x

BLD in MT said...

I like the way your mind works. The paths it takes and connections made.

Pen Wilcock said...

:0) xx

Deborah said...

I have just shedded a shed load of stuff ;-D Plus I shredded a load of stuff too... :-D

Pen Wilcock said...

:0D Shedded and shredded! Woohoo! x

Rebecca said...

Missing you! Are you OK?

Pen Wilcock said...

Oh - you are a sweetie! Yes, I've been focussed on further and further 'shedding'! Will blog again soon. xxx