Saturday 5 February 2022

Saturday early morning prayer from Journey into Light retreat (The Campfire Church Candlemas retreat)

 #1 GATHERING

Good morning, friends. Wes hal!

May you be blessed through this day as we walk together.

May you find the insights you need to nourish your soul,

and may it be a happy time, too.



#2 PRAYER


'I rise up clothed in strength of Christ

I shall not be imprisoned

I shall not be harmed

I shall not be downtrodden

I shall not be left alone

I shall not be tainted

I shall not be overwhelmed.

I go clothed in Christ’s white garments

I go freed to weave Christ’s patterns

I go loved to serve Christ’s weak ones

I go armed to rout out Christ’s foes.'


(Community of Aidan & Hilda)


#3 FROM THE PSALMS


As the deer that yearns 

for running streams.

so my soul is thirsting for you my God.


The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.

he rests me in green pastures

and walks with me by still waters.

He restores my soul.


#4 SONG

 


#5 PRAYER


O God our creator, your kindness has brought us the gift of a new day.

Help us to leave yesterday behind, and neither to covet nor dread tomorrow, but to accept the uniqueness of today.

Holy and strong, holy and immortal, wise and living

Under your kindness I take my shelter

Your goodness smiles and is quiet

In your presence is my refuge and sanctuary

Transfuse me with your peace

Breathing in I calm my body

Breathing out I smile

There is time.

There is a place for me, here with you.



This is your day, and by waking up in the morning

I understand that I have been invited to share it with you.

Thank you.

Today I am saying yes to your grace

                       and yes to your gift

                       and yes to your company

May I walk in quietness today

May I walk in gentleness today

Today may I take time to listen and time to see.



'Though the dawn breaks cheerless on this isle today 

My spirit walks upon a path of light.

For I know my greatness:

Thou hast built me a throne within thy heart;

I dwell safely within the circle of thy care;

I cannot for a moment fall out of the everlasting arms;

I am on my way to glory. '                 (Alistair Maclean)


Amen


 

 

No comments: