Monday 4 October 2010

Taking The Tide Of Love


A couple of years ago, I wrote a story which I posted in episodes on the blog I had at St Pixels online church.


It's a love story of the Plain people, in this case a community of trolls known as the Old Order Forest Kindred Of Believers.


I enjoyed writing it, and thought it was worth posting as an online novella, so I've given it a blog of its own. As most blogs of course you have to read from the end back to the beginning, because the most recent post appears first, I posted it in reverse order so that you can start at the the begining and read it through without having to find your way to an earlier post.
Personally, I like stories with pictures, so I thought I'd have a go at making illustrations, but my drawing is only so-so and not all that great.
What I did was do buy some of those 1970s trolls from eBay - if you aren't fussy about highly collectable ones, you can still get them cheaply. I made Plain dress outfits for them, and then photographed them going about their daily business in illustration of the story.
Later on, when St Pixels church was raising money for a Water Aid project, I auctioned off my Plain community of trolls, so they were dispersed throughout the world in the end!


It was a lot of fun to do, and when I read it through again recently I still loved the characters and liked the story, and I hope you do, too.

You can find it here.


Hope you enjoy it!


4 comments:

DaisyAnon said...

I remember this! I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the clever pictures of the trolls with all their costumes and their bits and pieces.

It's good to see it again. I am idling away my morning reading it.

Bean said...

I will check out the story. Love those trolls, we had small ones that went on the end of our pencils, favorite thing to do with them, spin the pencil rapidly and see what happens to the trolls hair!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I just finished this delightful, heartwarming, uplifting and encouraging story.

It touched my heart deeply.

Thank you ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

Pen Wilcock said...

:0) So glad you enjoyed it xx