Tuesday 24 July 2012

Beautiful



Yesterday late evening, as the sun was going down, this shard of light appeared on my bedroom wall.

One of life’s random remarks.  A word from the Mystery, saying nothing the human intellect might categorise or understand, but eminently comprehensible to the soul.



So beautiful.

--------------------------------------------------- 

365 366 Day 206 – Tuesday July 24th



A large, warm, fluffy scarf made in some kind of synthetic fabric from a hippy website.  Kind if usefulish but not very.

365 366 Day 205 – Monday July 23rd



Trousers.  I have this ongoing unrealistic hopefulness about trousers.  It all goes well until I get into some place with a 360o mirror and am treated top the rear view.  You see, I have short sturdy legs and ample child-bearing hips.


365 366 Day 204 – Sunday July 22nd  



Interesting book about the concept of wabi-sabi, but I think Leonard Koren’s Wabi-Sabi for Artists, Designers, Poets and Philosophers has the edge on it, so I kept that instead.  I also think non-Japanese wabi-sabi enthusiasts tend to overlook the distinction between wabi-sabi and shibui; and in reality shibui is what most of us want, rather than the rotting hovel, semi-bald brush and bucket with holes you might get lumbered with in pursuit of wabi-sabi. 


365 366 Day 203 – Saturday July 21st



Jeggings.  Ahahaha.  I lost some weight last year and got a bit over-ambitious.  Oh dear.


365 366 Day 202 – Friday July 20th



I thought I would like this but it turned out to be thin and clingy.  Er . . . no thanks.


365 366 Day 201 – Thursday July 19th



More spare glasses from the days when I used to panic about that.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back Pen!

peace be with you today,

Maria

Pen Wilcock said...

:0)

And peace to you friend x

Julie B. said...

Beautiful shard of light vs. jeggings....hmmm, I can't quite figure out which one I should focus on. :)

The curtains by the beautiful shard of light are lovely too.

Pen Wilcock said...

:0D

DaisyAnon said...

non-Japanese wabi-sabi enthusiasts tend to overlook the distinction between wabi-sabi and shibui; and in reality shibui is what most of us want, rather than the rotting hovel, semi-bald brush and bucket with holes you might get lumbered with in pursuit of wabi-sabi.

Love this! LOL.

Pen Wilcock said...

:0D

Rebecca said...

"Kindred". That word in your blog title speaks volumes to me. I was searching for another blog (I'd forgotten the exact title) when I found ...the Quiet Way. I think I'll just park here a bit. I sense a kindred spirit.....

Pen Wilcock said...

:0)
Hi Rebecca. Good to meet you.
x

Bean said...

Isn't it wonderful to simply enjoy the gift of a shaft of sunlight! May we all have time in our day to experience the wonder of our world.

Blessings,

Bean