Sunday 24 February 2019

Asking you to pray for a friend

Over the years as people come by here and stop to chat and make themselves known, I feel as though we've all become friends in a circle around the world. And sometimes people get in touch privately, and we begin a correspondence, and the friendship deepens.

This is how it's been with Deb S. from Durham in England.  She likes my Hawk & Dove books and was kind enough to write some fab reviews for me on Amazon. She has often dropped by here and joined in our conversations, and she's such an encourager.

Then this morning I got an email from her to say she's in hospital and things really aren't very good. She's very unwell.

Deb S. is a soul of deep faith, who knows and loves the Lord Jesus. I am sure she'd be glad to know we were holding her in the light, and I do believe prayer makes a powerful difference every single time we pray for a person or a situation.

So I'm asking you, if you have a moment, please will you join me in a prayer around the world for Deb S.?  

Dear Heavenly Father, please will you bless and uphold your servant Deborah, wrapping her round in your love, filling her body and soul with your Holy Spirit. Dear Lord Jesus, Deb belongs to you; you know her and love her and she is your friend. Please will you stay very close to her so that she absolutely knows you are there and can feel you with her. In your mercy, travel along with her through her hospital stay and her treatment and all that she's facing just now. Holy Spirit of God, may your purposes be fulfilled in Deb's life. May she know the best of care, and may every atom of her being shine with your healing light. For we ask it in Jesus' holy Name. 

Amen.



22 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amen.🙏

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Offering prayers for Deborah.

? said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Amen x
Deb

Suzan said...

Amen

Bethany said...

Amen, yes. May it be so.

Patricia said...

Amen. Prayed and praying

Buzzfloyd said...

Amen. Holding Christ light for Deb. xx

Fiona said...

Amen. Sending love, light and support to Deb xxx

greta said...

amen, deb is now on my prayer list. please keep us updated.

Judy Olson said...

Praying for your friend, may all be well.

Pen Wilcock said...

Thanks, friends.

Greta — yes — when she wrote she said she was finding concentrating hard, and I'm in touch only with her (I don't know her family at all) but I'll let you know when I hear from her again.

Nearly Martha said...

Amen

Bean said...

I would like to add that the prayer you gave us to pray, it is truly beautiful, a peaceful, healing, calming, loving petition to our Heavenly Father.

Bean

Pen Wilcock said...

Hello Kirsty — thank you for your comments. I published them initially because I'm quite sure they were sent in good faith, but this is not really the place for dietary advice or discussion. Here I am asking friends to pray. Deb is an intelligent person and the internet has lots of advice about diet. If you feel led to pray for her to find a path of healing, that would be the way to go in this context, rather than supplying advice about books to read and dietary regimes. She really is very ill.

Pen Wilcock said...

Thank you for praying, friends. The hospital team have made the decision to go for palliative care, and the next step is to consider where that will be and put a care package in place.

May the right people come in to the situation to bring love, light, peace and kindness. May Deb S. be upheld by the steady presence of Christ's peace. May she feel and know the love of God in every minute and every breath.

(I am referring to her as "Deb S." so as not to create confusion over the other Deb who often comments here.)

Anonymous said...

'love, light, peace and kindness'. Yes, may our kindred spirit know this. Dx

greta said...

deb will continue to be gently held in my prayers.

Katrina said...

Praying!

Pen Wilcock said...

Thank you for your prayers, friends. Deb S says today: "I've had some cracking conversations about God with the nurses and doctors...Please pray that the seeds planted this year flourish, grow and produce a harvest that astounds everyone."

May it be so.

BLD in MT said...

While I am late in seeing this post it touches my heart no less. May Deb have a peaceful, dignified end to her earthly days (we should all be so blessed!) and a legacy that lives on in all she touched. My she and her friends and family be surrounded in love and light. To all that and all that's been said in the post and comments above. Amen.

Pen Wilcock said...

:0)

xx