Saturday 5 February 2022

Saturday late afternoon prayer (from The Campfire Church retreat Journey into Light)

 At our retreat gathering on Facebook, the heart of this meeting was a conversation sharing the thoughts from our individual and separate time through the afternoon, which I can't add into this post. You can put your thoughts in a comment if you'd like to.

Here are the prayers we shared.


SATURDAY EVENING PRAYER


#1 GATHERING


Welcome! How lovely to see you. 


One of my favourite things is watching people come in and take their place in the circle around the campfire — familiar faces and people who are new to me.



#2  REFLECTIONS ON THE AFTERNOON


How did your afternoon go? Did you get outside for a walk? Did you read something, or make something, or watch something? Did inspiration come to you? 


What happened today?



#3 READING


Jesus said

‘Come unto me all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls – for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.’



#4 PRAYERS 


I am here in the name of Jesus Christ

A safe place to be.


The Lord is my light and my help

Whom then shall I fear?


The Lord is the strength of my life

Of whom then shall I be afraid?


Thou shalt keep them in perfect peace 

whose minds are stayed on thee.


My prayer rises in peace like the smoke of incense 

unto the presence of divine love.

as the earth keeps turning, turning through space,

and night falls and day breaks from land to land,

I think of people waking, sleeping, sleepless,

being born and dying, one world, one humanity:

and I bless this round world with God’s peace. 



#5 SONG


“You will be found”


Because sometimes the morning light finds your heart at midnight.


 





2 comments:

Terra said...

Your retreat sounds helpful, I will see if I can find you on FB to join in on a future retreat.

Pen Wilcock said...

It's not something we o regularly, Terra. This was just a one-off. x