I almost never get tangled up with interviews, because I have a tendency toward greater candour than is ever advisable, and a consequent aptitude for saying things I should never have put into words. So I usually refuse unless it's something in writing.
But I like David and Martin, they are good friends, and I love the work they do at Monastic Retreats; so here I am.
4 comments:
It made me heart sing when I saw the video on my YouTube subscription 🙂. It was so lovely to see you and hear you and learn of your reflections in regards to writing about the monks. I must admit I will always have a soft spot for the first two books as I enjoyed the interweaving of Melissa’s modern day family juxtaposed ( I think I’m using this word correctly!) with her past lineage to another Melissa.
As you well know I’m one of the readers that re reads the books on a regular basis because they are my ‘safe space’ amidst the uncertainties of chronic illness and caring for others, it’s as if the ‘porch light’ is always left on and the monks welcome me home.
Thank you Pen for using your God given talents and working in partnership with Him to create a treasure trove of blessings.
With love
San xx
❤️ You are such a sweetheart. x
What a treasure this video is, not least because it is so lovely to see you and hear your voice again, Pen. Thank you for sharing the reasons and the processes behind writing your beautiful books. They truly are my safe place and such a gentle way to return to the fundamentals of my life with Jesus, over and over.
At this point, in what I expect will be the final decade or so of my life, my longing for simplicity and meaning is constantly fed by your words, in your books and on your blog. You have said, "We are all just walking each other home" and you are among my favorite companions in this leg of the journey toward the growing, bright horizon of eternity.
I am very touched by your explanation about how you came to end of the Hawk and Dove series. Your relationship with Tony is (in my mind) epic! You are two extraordinary people and I love that you have never left each other behind as you lived out each of your callings in life. I never think of one of you without thinking of the other.
I pray that you will continue to be inspired to write and bless us with your deep insights and spiritual life. We love you, Pen, -- I love you very much.
Oh, you are such a darling! ❤️ Thank you ever so much.
I'm really, really glad we had that chance to actually be together in the same room for that short while when you visited. It's a treasure to store away. It makes a difference, doesn't it? x
Post a Comment